Hideo Kojima Partners with Xbox to Create a Game He’s “Always Wanted to Make”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Hideo Kojima has officially entered into a partnership with Xbox to make his next potential blockbuster a reality.

Go to post

Yes, there is a game I have always wanted to make,” Kojima said. “It’s a completely new game, one that no one has ever experienced or seen before.

So, Kojima has finally done it, right? He finally got an idiot... uhmmm... someone (especially witnessing the ill direction MS has turned in recent years) to fund his complete pacifist game, huh? 😏

Last edited:
Maybe this time it will actually be a good game? Naah...

Lol. Maybe it will be another walking simulator!

I mean, i know people worship the guy for Metal Gear and all (not that I understand why, I found the series mostly uninteresting) but is he even still relevant?

I mean, death stranding is widely considered to be just a huge joke.

Lol. Maybe it will be another walking simulator!

I mean, i know people worship the guy for Metal Gear and all (not that I understand why, I found the series mostly uninteresting) but is he even still relevant?

I mean, death stranding is widely considered to be just a huge joke.
I never played any older MGS games, somehow my path never crossed with them until I tried MGSV, as that came to PC day to day with the console version. I just assumed there must be something to the Kojima cult, so you can imagine my shock, when I realized what a joke MGSV was. Even Alpha Protocol was a better game, and that was terrible, but that at least wasn't pretentious and did some neat things. MGSV was a mediocre stealth shooter, that only did things differently for the sake of it. Since then I often refer to Kojima as the self infatuation junkie.

To be fair I think Death Stranding is a better game than MGSV, but not by much. It could be a far better game than it actually is with a few tweaks, better and more interesting combat, and better physics. Cause the physics in it is absolute trash, in a game that mostly consists of physics based terrain traversal.

I just assumed there must be something to the Kojima cult, so you can imagine my shock, when I realized what a joke MGSV was.
All the Metal Gear fans I know didn't like MGS5. Some of them were really disappointed with it, and have an opinion similar to your own. A lot of them didn't like 4 either, but had high praise for 3. I stopped with 2. I didn't finish 2. Didn't care for it at all. Oh yeah, I heard the GCN remake of MGS1 called Twin Snakes was also good. My brother played through that but I've never touched it.

I do remember hearing that MGS5's development was troubled, and Konami upper management really got in the way, and all the issues and sh1t caused Kojima to leave like he had been forced out. Kojima wasn't able to bring a proper close to his series. He also said in the past he didn't even want the series to continue as long as it had. He had planned to end it earlier, but of course Konami wanted the money train to continue.

The only two games of Kojima's that I have played and enjoyed were the 3rd Metal Gear game (Metal Gear Solid 1) which was a long time ago and no idea if I could tolerate it today, and the 2nd Zone of the Enders game (I played the PC version, but had been a fan ever since my brother played it on PS2 years ago). I really like ZOE 2. Didn't care for the first one. I watched a playthrough of Policenauts. Games like that and Snatcher are basically just interactive animated movies, not much gameplay there. I don't really count Metal Gear Rising Revengeance as a Metal Gear game or a Kojima game, just another action-combat-whatever game from Platinum Games like the Bayonetta series, and Capcom's DMC series, and it was f*cking awesome. I've never played Death Stranding, and neither has anyone I know. No one seems to be willing to take the time to check the game out, hahahahaha.

All the Metal Gear fans I know didn't like MGS5. Some of them were really disappointed with it, and have an opinion similar to your own. A lot of them didn't like 4 either, but had high praise for 3. I stopped with 2. I didn't finish 2. Didn't care for it at all. Oh yeah, I heard the GCN remake of MGS1 called Twin Snakes was also good. My brother played through that but I've never touched it.

I do remember hearing that MGS5's development was troubled, and Konami upper management really got in the way, and all the issues and sh1t caused Kojima to leave like he had been forced out. Kojima wasn't able to bring a proper close to his series. He also said in the past he didn't even want the series to continue as long as it had. He had planned to end it earlier, but of course Konami wanted the money train to continue.

The only two games of Kojima's that I have played and enjoyed were the 3rd Metal Gear game (Metal Gear Solid 1) which was a long time ago and no idea if I could tolerate it today, and the 2nd Zone of the Enders game (I played the PC version, but had been a fan ever since my brother played it on PS2 years ago). I really like ZOE 2. Didn't care for the first one. I watched a playthrough of Policenauts. Games like that and Snatcher are basically just interactive animated movies, not much gameplay there. I don't really count Metal Gear Rising Revengeance as a Metal Gear game or a Kojima game, just another action-combat-whatever game from Platinum Games like the Bayonetta series, and Capcom's DMC series, and it was f*cking awesome. I've never played Death Stranding, and neither has anyone I know. No one seems to be willing to take the time to check the game out, hahahahaha.

After MGS2, everything went downhill for Kojima due to his extreme forced pacifist agenda and workplace diva attitude that many of his colleagues had refused to work with him again that ultimately lead to the bad blood between him and Konami (and he takes a 1K years, and they are very costly, just to finish one project.)

The same rumors were floating around about his partnership with Sony about his Death Stranding development and gameplay (or lack of).

anyone else think this guy is turning into the developer over in the UK that was super popular and made games that were good but never equal to his vision... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Molyneux Peter Molyneux was the guy.
Speaking of this dude, I only played Black & White and Fable. Well I did put some hours into Fable 2, but never finished it. I didn't play any of his other games. Yeah Peter M. used to be the king of hella hyping up his games. His games were aiight but indeed never came close to his vision, or what he was hyping up the games to be before launch.

anyone else think this guy is turning into the developer over in the UK that was super popular and made games that were good but never equal to his vision... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Molyneux Peter Molyneux was the guy.

Well, when I tried fable I thought it was horrible. But the problem might not be that the games aren't up to their visions, but that they are too close to it :LOL:

Become a Patron!
Back