Horizon Zero Dawn for PC Updated with NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
horizon-zero-dawn-key-art-aloy-holding-bow-with-machines-1024x576.jpg
Image: Guerrilla Games

Guerrilla Games has answered the call of Horizon Zero Dawn fans who have been desiring a higher level of performance out of the PC port of the hit post-apocalyptic adventure game.

As detailed in a post on the official subreddit today, Horizon Zero Dawn has received a new update that adds NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution to the game, allowing those on weaker hardware to enjoy the title at higher resolutions and/or settings with higher frame rates. Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC port originally shipped with AMD’s FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS) for improved visuals, but that has been dropped due to the implementation of red team’s newer and arguably superior spatial upscaling technique.

The patch notes, per Guerrilla’s post on r/horizon:

Graphical Improvements

Added Nvidia’s DLSS...

Continue reading...

This is the first game that I own that I have now been able to take advantage of FSR, and I can say this is a nice update to the game indeed. I just downloaded and tried it out. I was running the game on my 5600 XT at 1080p on my 1440p monitor before because I was struggling for frames, but now FSR "quality" mode looks a lot nicer at 1440p at just a touch below the frames I was getting at 1080p. Noice.

Become a Patron!
Back