Huawei’s 24-Core Kunpeng CPU Reportedly Outperforms Intel’s i9-9900K

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
kunpeng.jpg
Image: Huawei

Huawei is about to release its first desktop computers, which will be powered by the company’s own 24-core, ARM-based Kunpeng 920 processors. China’s IT Home is reporting that these CPUs have very good multi-core performance, which shouldn’t be too surprising, considering the high core count. In fact, its multi-core performance is supposedly even better than Intel’s previous Core flagship, the i9-9900K.

“According to the news, Huawei’s desktop internal code Pangu, initially launched only one, using self-developed 24-core Kunpeng processor, 8GB notebook memory, 512GB Samsung SSD and AMD’s Radeon 520 graphics card,” IT Home wrote. “In addition, broke the news that the internal disclosure of this processor’s multi-core performance is slightly better than i9-9900K, single-core performance is not mentioned.”

Assuming that this is true...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing against everyone wanting to develop their own. It ought to encourage development. However, is it truly 'weaning' when Apple chooses to develop its own ARM chips, and migrate away from Intel, or Chinese companies develop their own ARM technology? The cherry on top is with NVIDIA working towards buying ARM. I think ARM is awesome but with so many others now flocking to it, it hardly seems like weaning but more like similar choices being made.

Become a Patron!
Back