Huawei Enters the Desktop PC Market with Kunpeng 920 ARM v8 Processor Motherboard

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel and AMD may have a new competitor brewing in the desktop market. Huawei has unveiled its first desktop board, the D920S10, which is powered by a Kunpeng 920 ARM v8 processor and compatible with all mainstream hardware. Up to 8 cores are available, but the board doesn't seem to support any OS other than Linux.

Huawei is planning to release two separate models of these motherboards, the Kunpeng Desktop Board D920S10, and Huawei's S920X00 server motherboard. The D920S10 is a very robust desktop motherboard supporting PCIe 3.0, six SATA 3.0, and two M.2 SSD slots. This motherboard offers some fantastic features like supporting a total of 64 GB of DDR4 RAM, along with supporting ECC memory.

They are doing this out of need of course... Don't know why not done yet here .. building your own Arm pc I mean.

Seems like they have tried ARM rack servers before and they just weren’t cost effective yet. Lower TDP but with race-to-idle lost out on total kWh for common tasks.

for home use, RPi and the like, and a lot of NAS-in-a-box builds sorta kinda fit this bill.

Lol.

I pity the fool who thinks it is OK to use this thing.

Would be interesting to run it for a while in a controlled environment and monitor what connections it makes to the outside world, not requested by the user.

How much personal info do I need to hand over in order to buy it?

Become a Patron!
Back