Intel 12900K (UHD 770) iGPU vs AMD 5700G (Vega 8) APU Performance Benchmarks

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
12900k_igpu_5700g_banner2-1-1024x341.png

Introduction

The fight of 2022 is here in the integrated graphics CPU space, Intel Alder Lake versus AMD Cezanne, AMD and Intel integrated graphics performance, two CPUs with integrated graphics fight it out to see who offers the best value in gaming without a dedicated video card. We have taken the best and fastest integrated graphics from both camps to put them head-to-head to compare gaming performance and compute performance.

From Intel, we have the Intel Core i9-12900K CPU with Intel UHD Graphics 770 iGPU GFX onboard. From AMD we have the...

Continue reading...

The fight to not suck the hardest!

Vega is holding up well, relatively. AMD still missed an opportunity by not putting RDNA2 on Ryzen 3 APUs.

I confess being curious about how DDR5 would affect the Xe graphics. Really doubt it would close the gap, though.

Vega is holding up well, relatively. AMD still missed an opportunity by not putting RDNA2 on Ryzen 3 APUs.
RDNA2 in laptops seems to do quite well - it's a good compromise between Alder Lake's mobile GPUs (which are better equipped than on desktops) and having a discrete GPU in a laptop.

I confess being curious about how DDR5 would affect the Xe graphics. Really doubt it would close the gap, though.
This fight has also already been held on mobile platforms where AMD APUs are using DDR5. Intel's showing is better here, but still not up to the level of AMDs mobile APUs.

The fight to not suck the hardest!

Interestingly enough, none of the DDR5 boards that we have in the bunker happen to have a video out port...

As David said, none of our DDR5 boards have on-board video output :eek: Only the DDR4 boards, so it was impossible to test.

At any rate, it does provide a unique comparison as the DDR4 can be exactly the same between them, and the only difference is the GPU, isolating them to just that, and DDR4 is a valid platform choice for Alder Lake today.

My educated guess is that DDR5 won't magically make UHD 770 better. I suspect the problem is not memory bandwidth, that is holding it back.

Become a Patron!
Back