Intel Accuses AMD of Selling Half-Truths to Unsuspecting Ryzen Customers: “Snake Oil”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has released a new slide deck that claims AMD has been misleading enthusiasts with its Ryzen marketing, which, according to some of the images that Intel used, amounts to snake oil.

See full article...

Does Intel not realize how hard they will fall on their faces?

Hidden in plain sight? So up front and visible?

Isnt it more so about performance numbers than architecture. I'm an enthusiast thats what matters to me.

Intel may have fair point or even be correct, I simply dont know.

To me however anytime you see a hit piece like this it means the attacker is feeling very insecure about something and, to me, just makes the attacker look like a dick and someone I dont want to deal with. Saying my stuff is better is entirely different.

-edit - fixed an autocorrect

Last edited:
Intel accusing and of using advanced lithography but the same underpinning technology is literally Intel saying stop copying us!!

Skylake
Skylake+
Skylake++
Skylake+++
Skylake++++
Skylake+++++

Now we have
Raptor Lake
Raptor Lake+

Let's see how far they can get with this one.

Ryzen has been Ryzen for a while!
Athlon are still around, Gold edition PRO, dang... Such a long, long time, super old architecture, " updated" somewhat. I think is fine when companies mix and match architectures and process nodes, provided they price accordingly. Older chip, newer node, has always been an upgrade, since the beginning of time. Newer chip older node, don't think it happens too often, but might have, as in fulfilling contracts with other foundries and such, well that another kind of upgrade.

Last edited:
AMD's mobile CPU naming scheme is so stupid an obfuscating that it reeks of something Intel would do.

What intel is jealous of thanks to AMD's chipelt design is pieces that are not the most bang for the development buck to improve performance they can literally just port to the new CPU design. Swap processor chiplets and bang done. They don't have to do special integration and other bullshit to make it work.

AMD effed up on the threadripper platform by over promising and under delivering on the sockets. I'll agree to that fully. Otherwise... meh. They've been fine and adding to market options meaningfully for a while now.

Become a Patron!
Back