Intel Arc A770 Outshines NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 and AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT in DirectStorage Benchmarks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel Arc A770 GPUs appear to be particularly good for DirectStorage, the new API from Microsoft that promises vastly reduced load times and bigger worlds in modern games. According to benchmarks that PCGH recently shared, Intel's GPU does quite a bit better than the competition in the realm of asset decompression, beating out both the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 and AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT in SATA and PCIe runs. The testing was performed on a system with a Core i9-12900K processor.

See full article...

I wonder if that is due to its implementation through resizable BAR that is causing the difference, Intel had to utilize it to 'fix' their memory controller issues, so perhaps that tuning specifically benefits DirectStorage as well.

I wonder if that is due to its implementation through resizable BAR that is causing the difference, Intel had to utilize it to 'fix' their memory controller issues, so perhaps that tuning specifically benefits DirectStorage as well.
Presumably that would be in effect for the amd cards as well.

Become a Patron!
Back