Intel box

Dogsofjune

FPS Regular
So I like my Chopin 2400G box fairly well and I am looking to do a proper Plex home theater box, so, I'm looking at an Intel box to replace the dated X58 Xeon system.

I'm looking at the Lian Li TU150 case... cuz it's cool. The GPU market such as it is, I'm limited to what I have, RX480, GTX 550 or GT 1030, yay.

What I was looking for suggestions on is itx mobo and cpu choice. It's been a bit since I was up on compatibility between chipset and cpu. I was looking at the i5 10600K possibly. I'm staying budget minded, but not so that I'm skimping possible upgrade avenues.

Any suggestions?

For Plex, just use the iGPU. AMDs transcoders are poorly supported (I have an RX460, it's sitting idle for this reason among others), and those Nvidia parts look like they predate Intel's latest.
i5 10600K
All kinds of overpowered for Plex (only).

As far as upgrade avenues... you're not getting one. I believe both Intel and AMD are on their last DDR4 generation.

For Plex, just use the iGPU. AMDs transcoders are poorly supported (I have an RX460, it's sitting idle for this reason among others), and those Nvidia parts look like they predate Intel's latest.

All kinds of overpowered for Plex (only).

As far as upgrade avenues... you're not getting one. I believe both Intel and AMD are on their last DDR4 generation.
Yeah, I get that, but it's available, and not Plex only, but primarily. May do some VM NAS work as well

Become a Patron!
Back