Intel Core i9-10900K Hits 5.1 GHz on All Cores Using AORUS ATC800 CPU Cooler

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Image: AORUS

AORUS has managed to do something that is a bit rare with air cooling. Using an Intel Core i9-10900K, it put its premium air cooler to the test in Prime 95 with impressive results. In the last year, we’ve seen some gigantic-looking CPU coolers emerge, but this one, while still large, has managed to retain a nice aesthetic. And it doesn’t just look good; it really managed to get the job done. Encroaching on the realm of liquid cooling, the ATC800 allowed the CPU to hit 5.1 GHz on all cores. Jackson Hsu, Director of the GIGABYTE Channel Solutions Product Development Division, had this to say about the AORUS ATC800:

Our liquid cooling products with i9 10900K CPU have accomplished all-core at 5.2 GHz under the burn-in...

Continue reading...

Agreed it is a bit much but it's so rare to see such a bold claim that an air cooler can handle over 250w and seem to do it.

What we don't know.

What was the state of the cooler before the test?

Was it room temp or stored in a freezer?

Was the test done In a walk in fridge?

How long did it sustain 5.1 ghz.

Lately when I see manufacturers announcing things like that I question everything not explicitly stated.

I have this cooler. I used it on my 8700K that was slightly overclocked and this cooler always kept it cool. I decided to try an AIO on my 9900K because I had doubts that the ATC 800 would be able to keep the temps down on that CPU after some investigating. I guess if my AIO ever decides to fail I know I have a good back up cooler.

Lately when I see manufacturers announcing things like that I question everything not explicitly stated.
Too true. I have the same questions but I admit I am very curious about this thing.

I used it on my 8700K that was slightly overclocked and this cooler always kept it cool.
I'm considering getting one for my 3700x. The wraith has been alright(great for a stock cooler) but I'm not thrilled the way it spills the heat across the board and onto the back of the GPU. I'm not going to do anything until after the RTX 30 series rolls out though.

Become a Patron!
Back