Intel Core i9-11900K Is the New King of Single-Thread Performance, according to PassMark

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-11-th-gen-desktop-rocket-lake-s-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Intel’s new 11th Gen Core i9-11900K “Rocket Lake-S” processor will be the best CPU that enthusiasts can buy for single-thread performance. This is according to PassMark Software’s updated CPU Mark rankings, which show the Cypress Core part at the very top of the list with a record 3,764 rating. Intel’s Core i7-11700K and AMD Ryzen 7 5800X are in second and third place with scores of 3,548 and 3,514, respectively.

The implication is that Intel’s 8C/16T Core i9-11900K can outperform red team’s 8C/16T Ryzen SKU by around 7 percent in terms of single-thread performance. We should note that this is based on a single benchmark, however, which means that the margin for error is very high. Additionally, Intel’s CPU falls behind the...

Continue reading...

With most games these days, and most productivity applications, taking advantage of multi cores I don't see how single core scores matter anymore.

It gets stomped by AMD in multi-threaded workloads.

It just is not so much faster that I would be willing to sacrifice 4/8 cores to have it, based on these results of course. For Extreme Overclockers maybe, depending on how well if can be taken further.
I suppose we will see when it is finally released.

Again, it all comes down to "Supply" of the chip when it is released. Who cares if it's the fastest thing since sliced bread if you can't get your hands on one!

With most games these days, and most productivity applications, taking advantage of multi cores I don't see how single core scores matter anymore.

It gets stomped by AMD in multi-threaded workloads.
Show me a game where an AMD CPU "stomps" the Intel CPU.

Become a Patron!
Back