Intel Currently Has No Plans to Recall Failing 13th and 14th Gen Processors nor Will Sales Be Halted

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Intel has not denied the claim that processors damaged by the current microcode cannot be fixed but does believe the new microcode will prevent damage from happening in the first place. Intel currently does not intend to issue a recall for any of its 13th or 14th-generation processors and is continuing to investigate instability issues.

See full article...

I know I will not be supporting them in the future. To knowingly have an issue and to not say anything about it and then on top of it they keep selling defective processors with said issue is just ridiculous. I decided to go with AMD in my main PC here soon. Good riddance.

Yea I have to say I would be very hard pressed to trust an intel CPU. EVERY issue I had with a 13 or 14 gen CPU right now would have me wondering.

Yea I have to say I would be very hard pressed to trust an intel CPU. EVERY issue I had with a 13 or 14 gen CPU right now would have me wondering.
But you have to trust something, I had issues with AMD and intel or Asus and MSI and gigabyte also has a bad rep when it comes to RMA's so what's left in the end.

I know I will not be supporting them in the future. To knowingly have an issue and to not say anything about it and then on top of it they keep selling defective processors with said issue is just ridiculous. I decided to go with AMD in my main PC here soon. Good riddance.
Last year AMD CPUs were exploding in their sockets, taking the motherboard with them. All the user had to do was enable EXPO.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to grab a 13th or 14th gen Intel CPU, but I'm confident that this issue won't affect their 15th gen, same way I'd expect AMDs problem to have been taken care of for their 9000-series that's releasing next month.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to grab a 13th or 14th gen Intel CPU, but I'm confident that this issue won't affect their 15th gen
Even so, my trust in them is about zero right now. I've never felt more duped by a company.

Right now its AMD's turn to take advantage of the situation. Like LazyGamer said, AMD had exploding CPUs last year. Both sides have had their issues along the way. AMD's recent delay of the release of the 9000 series CPUs should be a sign that not all is right in the AMD camp too.

It's sad that both sides keep getting in their own way. In the end we just have to make educated decisions on what to choose, based on the current set of factors..

Right now its AMD's turn to take advantage of the situation. Like LazyGamer said, AMD had exploding CPUs last year. Both sides have had their issues along the way. AMD's recent delay of the release of the 9000 series CPUs should be a sign that not all is right in the AMD camp too.

It's sad that both sides keep getting in their own way. In the end we just have to make educated decisions on what to choose, based on the current set of factors..
Yeah I agree that both have had their issues along the way. I believe AMD seen what happened to Intel and maybe they wanted to go back and fix or check something similar with their new chips. Smart on their part.

Yeah I agree that both have had their issues along the way. I believe AMD seen what happened to Intel and maybe they wanted to go back and fix or check something similar with their new chips. Smart on their part.
And fix as minor as a wrong number on the heatspreader according to some reports (Ryzen 9 9700x instead of Ryzen 7 9700x). Now that is dedication to quality.

Dude often has good information, but Jesus I can't handle how long winded those videos are.
I usually skip to different segments of his videos because of this, and I'm happy he has time stamps.

Become a Patron!
Back