Intel drivers

I think their drivers may suck for DX12 too. They just won't be as appalling as they are in DX11.

Looks like their AV1 encoder is nice. So, I guess, if you are a publishing live streamer... maybe?

Sounds like you need an intel card for AV1 encoding and a Nvidia or AMD card for gaming?? Is it cheaper than one of those capture cards?

The messaging from Intel is that DX11 and lesser APIs are going to suffer in performance initially, they have to work on individual game optimizations for games using these APIs, and it will be a continuing work in progress, they have a "most popular" game sheet they are working off.

For DX12/Vulkan games, it's not the case, it just works better due to the less complexity of the API. DX12 is lighter and most of the optimizations are already done developer side, instead of driver side in DX11 and backward. That's the reason.

So it's true, and Intel is hedging that fact right now and being very open about those facts.

Consider AMD and NVIDIA have had decades of growth alongside those DX9/11 games to inject optimizations in their drivers over time, and Intel has not. For DX11 and lesser APIs, it's all about the specific optimizations for the games being done in the driver.

The messaging from Intel is that DX11 and lesser APIs are going to suffer in performance initially, they have to work on individual game optimizations for games using these APIs, and it will be a continuing work in progress, they have a "most popular" game sheet they are working off.
I think they just changed their messaging.

Wow, that's a pretty major shift, made pretty rapidly. Completely goes against what TAP was talking about in all the Intel interviews, it's a complete 180 from the plans he was talking about.

This just shows the discontinuity between the teams over there right now, and the fact of how not launching your product can be very messy, everything is changing in real-time. I guess that DX9 problem was really giving them a huge problem. I wonder about DX11 though, it had the sam problems as DX9, so what are they going to do about that, maybe the individual game driver work will still continue for DX11, and they won't have to for DX9, takes some burden off their shoulders I guess.

Become a Patron!
Back