Intel Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333 Delivers Up to 155% FPS Uplift for Select DirectX 11 Titles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Intel Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333 (WHQL Certified) for Intel Arc A-Series Graphics, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, and Intel Core Ultra Processors with Intel Arc Graphics is now available to download, per an update on Intel's Drivers & Software site.

See full article...

Those gains are amazing... or not so great depending on the starting point. ;)

Those gains are amazing... or not so great depending on the starting point. ;)
It’s amazing when you just optimize for a handful of games at a time - then every driver is like +99999% better*

* for selected titles

Why this happens?
Yes I know it happens all the time, and there are reasons... but to me it tells you how garbage the standards are.
How garbage implementations are everywhere. Something is simply broken, sure we are just used to it being fixed literally routinely, but doesn't mean this Frankenstein monster of patches is the way things should be.
Drivers shouldn't have these impacts like these for specific games and such in my view, its an absurdity.
How to fix it I don't know. Perhaps we should ask the programming AI to comeup with better standars or something.

Why this happens?
Yes I know it happens all the time, and there are reasons... but to me it tells you how garbage the standards are.
How garbage implementations are everywhere. Something is simply broken, sure we are just used to it being fixed literally routinely, but doesn't mean this Frankenstein monster of patches is the way things should be.
Drivers shouldn't have these impacts like these for specific games and such in my view, its an absurdity.
How to fix it I don't know. Perhaps we should ask the programming AI to comeup with better standars or something.

The problem is not the drivers, it's the games that are badly optimised and require fixes on a driver level, GPU manufacturers should stop this trend but they refuse as it's a way for them to get better results and better sales of their hardware as a result.

It's worth noting that the increases detailed in the release notes are specific to the Meteor Lake laptop series integrated GPUs, not desktop Arc A- series GPUs.

Still, good to see continued progress!

Yea in have a meteor lake laptop so neat. I didn't even check lol.

Become a Patron!
Back