Intel Launches Iris Xe “DG1” Desktop Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
colorful-intel-dg1-gpu-1024x577.jpg
Image: Colorful

Intel has officially entered the mainstream dGPU arena. The company announced today that it has partnered with ASUS and Colorful to produce its very first Iris Xe “DG1” desktop graphics cards, which are based on the company’s 10 nm SuperFin architecture. Unfortunately, they are meant for system integrators only, meaning that you’re unlikely to get one outside of a pre-built system.

“Following the launch of Intel Iris Xe MAX for notebooks, Intel’s first Xe-based discrete graphics processing unit, Intel and its partners saw the opportunity to better serve the high-volume, value-desktop market with improved graphics, display and media acceleration capabilities,” the company wrote in a press release.

“The new cards offer a compelling upgrade to existing options in the...

Continue reading...

Interesting so this is for the budget market that intel's integrated chips would be for otherwise?

It will be the only video card you can buy... unfortunately.

This card will be in stock, cuz ain't nobody want one.

Review it as a good mining card.....

I honestly like the blue and black look on the shroud. After years of Red vs Green, it's a nice change, albeit meaningless, change.

Well if you are looking for a 2d card. Not bad, plus bonus acceleration of some things.
If its cheap enough...
Idk how many things it can accelerate but cards like this would benefit from having the most of those accelerators.... I know that's what I would want in a non gaming pc, a card that accelerates video codecs, and the more things the merrier.
Theres still a lot of multimedia and tasks to take care of that is not 3d gaming... And even a card like this with its lowly 4gb would should be an absolute beast for many many tasks if it has the right stuff in it, providing good value.

Good corporate card for workstations... if they had a mobile version they could put this in instead of an overpriced quattro.

I don't know what it would take, but I think it would be wise for a company to come up with a multimedia accelerator card of sorts. Perhaps marry a sound card with it, and high quality 2d video, picture colors and so on.
The computer I built fot my wife will never see a video game, it will see pictures, picture editing, video watching, and perhaps rarely video editing, though definitely video compression.
I wound up with a 1650 super.
Price and availability were issues. Price because going an insignificant amount of money less and the card options were garbage.
Yet, while 1650 super is a niceish card, its basically a waste of silicon and power. I have no clue if its helping with any of the tasks the computer does. I don't think it is at all, hence wasted. I was wishing so bad for something more dedicated to non gaming tasks... Well wishful thinking of course.

Well if you are looking for a 2d card. Not bad, plus bonus acceleration of some things.
If its cheap enough...
Idk how many things it can accelerate but cards like this would benefit from having the most of those accelerators.... I know that's what I would want in a non gaming pc, a card that accelerates video codecs, and the more things the merrier.
Theres still a lot of multimedia and tasks to take care of that is not 3d gaming... And even a card like this with its lowly 4gb would should be an absolute beast for many many tasks if it has the right stuff in it, providing good value.
Straight-up, if it were available, I'd be interested for HTPC use. Everyone supports Intel's Quicksync stuff.

Become a Patron!
Back