Intel Launches NUC 13 Extreme: Up to 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K Processor, Support for Triple-Slot, 12-Inch Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has launched what it is calling the most powerful NUC it's ever built, the NUC 13 Extreme.

See full article...

Whats with the contacts on th ebottom? Does the entire NUC drop into a PCIe slot???

Not a PCIe slot, but yes, the board drops into a slot in the chassis.

At this point though, it's starting to look a lot like an SFF, and one has to question both the cooling performance and the noise involved.

And only 5600MT/s DDR5 supported? When (good) ITX LGA1700 boards can push 7000MT/s+? Hard sell, Intel!

I don't doubt you're right about this not being a great value, but I find the concept interesting. I don't know much about Intel's NUC devices or what reputation they have in terms of quality, but a reasonably priced prebuilt Mini PC made with quality components would be a welcome addition to the market right now. The only reason I'd consider assembling a PC from off-the-shelf retail parts anymore is that OEM consumer PCs are complete garbage.

The only reason it has space for that size of a card is because the PCIE slot for the card is open air.

Become a Patron!
Back