Intel No Longer the Top Selling CPU Brand in Japan

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD is now selling more CPUs than Intel in the land of the rising sun. Figures from BCN Retail show that Intel's sales have dropped from 72.1% to 49.5% since October. AMD's shares did the opposite, growing to 50.5%.

Ryzen's glowing reputation may be one factor, but BCN's report suggests that Intel's loss should be blamed on supply issues. The company is planning new manufacturing facilities to keep up with demand, but the market obviously couldn't wait.

Blaming supply issues is a load of crap. Educated consumers wanting the most bang for their buck is what is happening.

This supply issue thing is hilarious. Not once have I seen any current Intel CPU's out of stock. Haven't seen OEMs saying OOS for any CPU options either or long shipping dates.

I ordered 13 servers and 26 intel cpu's during the 'crunch' and had nary a shipping delay. Even the enterprise storage built in windows appliance core OS with an Intel CPU wasn't delayed.

I really don't know where the great Intel shortfall came into play but it was FAR more short lived than Intel would have you believe or their investors believe.

And with a bunch of product being pushed out to marker we will see some very healthy price cuts from Intel to compete with AMD. But I'm sure then they will blame it on market over saturation.

For desktop CPU's, I can't believe they've had CPU shortages, no way, whether that be OEM's or consumer-based.

On the mobile side of things however, I can remember twice in the past ~12 months we've had major delays in Dell laptop shipments to us taking between 1-2 months longer to arrive, and Dell was citing a shortage of Intel CPU's for those as the cause.

Become a Patron!
Back