Issues with Gsync on Freesync monitor

Strelok

Sort-of-Regular
I've been having this issue with Gsync on Freesync monitors since the driver started including support for Freesync. On my CFG73 I was able to just unplug and turn off/on my monitor to somehow get Gsync working again but with my new LG UD59 it just won't turn on anymore. I can use DDU and completely uninstall the drivers, reinstall and it works perfectly fine. Then if I use CRU to add some custom resolutions everything goes to ****. Gsync just stops working completely and nothing seems to fix it anymore. Anyone else been having issues with something similar?

So wait it stops working when you want to add in your own custom resolutions for the monitor to operate at?

I think you've already found your problem. Not to be rude but this is the life of the tweakers among us that we find quirks that lead to breaks.

Monitor works fine except for Gsync when using CRU. I ended up reinstalling the drivers a bunch of time today just to figure out what I suspected, CRU is causing it. I added the custom resolutions through the Nvidia panel and it worked fine. Honestly I didn't even know Nvidia supported custom resolutions through their own software.

Awesome and I figured you had found the problem based on what you posted! Good troubleshooting and further I am glad you got your custom resolutions to work as well!

Hmm, good to know. I guess CRU does something the Nvidia drivers don't like then.

Become a Patron!
Back