J.J. Abrams’s Bad Robot Productions Is Developing a Justice League Dark Show for HBO Max

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
justice-league-dark-animated-movie-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

HBO Max, WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, has just got a lot more interesting for DC Comics fans. According to a recent press release, J.J. Abrams’s Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television Group is working on a major series based on Justice League Dark – a shadowy version of the original team that comprises anti-heroes such as Swamp Thing and Constantine. There isn’t a synopsis yet, but we can assume that the show will lean heavily toward the supernatural.

Bad Robot and Warner Bros. are also working on two other shows: “Duster” and “Overlook.” The former is an original work, while the latter is a series set in the world that Stephen King developed for “The Shining.”

“The first series ‘Duster,’ is to be co-written...

Continue reading...

Not a lot of faith in Bad Robot or Abrams. When I first read this I thought it was gonna be a Justice League reboot and that worried me. Abrams has screwed up Star Trek and Star Wars and now Justice League? I don't know how many more of my beloved childhood institutions I can lose.

But if this is gonna be about the characters that haven't really been done before so I'll give it a chance. Abrams definitely has a unique way of doing things which usually doesn't work well for things already established like Star Trek and Star Wars but this really hasn't been tried before so maybe it could work.

I hope DC slaps the reigns on Abrams and pulls back hard. Their animated productions have always been a high quality with good storytelling. If they let Abrams run roughshod over that development crew they could be in for a rude awakening.

I hope DC slaps the reigns on Abrams and pulls back hard. Their animated productions have always been a high quality with good storytelling. If they let Abrams run roughshod over that development crew they could be in for a rude awakening.
I hope he respects it. Don't need another reboot/re-imagining of things even though JLD is fairly new(last 10+ years I think) to the DCU. I agree about the animated offerings as well. I became a huge fan of Bruce Timm back in the day and watched as his creative teams expanded and went on to create their own teams. I have mostly loved all of it.

Become a Patron!
Back