Jony Ive Is Leaving Apple and Starting His Own Design Company

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The man responsible for some of Apple's most iconic designs (e.g., iMac, iPhone) is leaving for a new creative venture. Sir Jony Ive, Apple's chief design officer, is forming his own company, LoveFrom. It will launch in 2020, with Apple as its first client.

Ive says LoveFrom will comprise "a collection of creatives" that will work on things beyond design. He'll be joined by colleague and friend Marc Newson, another member of Apple's design team.

“Jony is a singular figure in the design world and his role in Apple’s revival cannot be overstated, from 1998’s groundbreaking iMac to the iPhone and the unprecedented ambition of Apple Park, where recently he has been putting so much of his energy and care,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “Apple will continue to benefit from Jony’s talents by working directly with him on exclusive projects, and through the ongoing work of the brilliant and passionate design team he has built. After so many years working closely together, I’m happy that our relationship continues to evolve and I look forward to working with Jony long into the future.”

If this was the guy behind "Make the phone thinner!" then I'm not exactly sad to see him go.

So, he is going to go copy 1960's Braun design language somewhere else then?

Become a Patron!
Back