KFC to Produce Chicken Nuggets Using 3D Bioprinting Technology

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
kfc-beyond-fried-chicken-1024x576.jpg
Image: KFC

Finger lickin’ good is going artificial. In what sounds like an elaborate, out-of-season April Fools Joke, KFC has announced that it will be transitioning to laboratory-produced, 3D bioprinted chicken nuggets to offset the growing demand of traditional meat and adopt a more environmentally friendly method of food production. We’re a little worried about how they’ll taste, but KFC insists that they’ll be “as close as possible” to its crispy, artery-clogging originals.

What’s 3D bioprinting, you ask? Well, it’s essentially 3D printing but with cells and other organic materials, which allows for the development of living tissue, bone, and similar living structures. Dr. Frankenstein would be proud.

“3D Bioprinting Solutions is developing additive bioprinting technology using chicken cells and plant material, allowing it to reproduce the taste and texture of...

Continue reading...

Sounds pretty neat. Hopefully this tech will lead us to a method of creating our own food source when we're exploring the cosmos.

Sounds pretty neat. Hopefully this tech will lead us to a method of creating our own food source when we're exploring the cosmos.
I was hoping more for the sprinkle some water on a pill and *poof* 4 course meal.

I'm not agaiant them. Someone has to drive the cost of the chicken wing down again. What ever happened to that being the crap part of the bird?

I'm still waiting for the "Jetsons" way of life to come around. That being said, I would probably give these nuggets a try.

You guys do realize that the "source filament" of the 3D printer creating these gems will be all of the lips, penises, feet, tongues, arteries, veins, and whatever else can be mashed into a fine pulp for "printing", right?

Become a Patron!
Back