Konami Has Begun Selling Its Own Gaming PCs

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Image: Konami Amusement

While most PC gaming enthusiasts prefer to build their own rigs, there is still a sizable market for pre-built systems. It seems that someone over at Konami thought that releasing their own line of gaming PCs right before the launch of next-gen consoles would be a good idea. Tom’s Hardware (via PC Watch) has spotted this unexpected venture from the well-known game company. Konami Amusement has begun taking pre-orders for three new designs, which are expected to ship sometime in September. Konami Amusement is a subsidiary of Konami Holdings Corporation.

Common Features to All...

Continue reading...

I dunno about Konami. First the Kojima debacle (I'm still betting they'll hire Kojima's company to develop a new MGS game) and now the decision to enter the boutique PC market? I dunno, they seem like they're free falling - no real direction and just hoping something sticks.

With that said, I'm actually digging the look of these desktops. Sorta looks like a microphone, but it works for me.

You know, I'm not about to buy pre-builts, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Provided they resist the urge to use custom form factors, so these systems remain upgradeable for their users, they might not be a bad way for some beginner without a friend to show them how to get started, the dip their toes in the water.

Is it just me, or does the cheapest version have the most attractive case? :p

Last edited:
Very under powered for the price. Does it also include a monitor, keyboard and mouse as well as a sub to all Konami games for any platform via emulator? If so it's more attractive.

I honestly thought these were ridiculously overpriced. Over the years I've posted quite a few stories about the boutique, or pre-builts because occasionally there's some reasonable value in them. In my life I've had a couple, last was a gateway quad2core and before that a VPR Matrix p4. Still got 'em both in a closet. I do like the look of these though but, otherwise, it's a tough pill to swallow at these prices. On the flip side, there's no word if these will officially be available in the Americas anyways.

Become a Patron!
Back