Koss Porta Pro Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Next-Gen Wireless Bluetooth 5.2 Model, Featuring Analog Pass-Through, USB-C Charging, and Up to 20+...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Porta Pro, an iconic pair of headphones from Koss Corporation that remains one of the few on the market to fit comfortably for glasses wearers, featuring an on-ear design and a unique "comfortZone" switch for a firm or lighter feel, has been updated with a new model that delivers Bluetooth 5.2 wireless, USB-C charging, a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can last 20+ hours, and other next-generation improvements, Koss has announced.

See full article...

Well, and this is BT 5.2... which is years behind. Not sure if it makes a difference though. BT is mostly an overly congested, constrained protocol, but I do believe that the latest revisions can at least properly transmit Redbook.

I will say that I've enjoyed LDAC with 5.0(?) can't remember but I know that my tablet and car stereos support it. It is a noticeable improvement, not huge but noticeable. Looking forward to when BT and it, or something similar, can get upwards of 2 MB/s at 96 kHz. Once that happens I'll probably have interest in wireless headphones.

Also, the fact that the name of these "cans" reminds me of one of these also doesn't help first impressions 😅

1726683943273.png

We are talking about the can in the porta-potty, yes? :p

Become a Patron!
Back