Lady Gaga Could Star in a Bayonetta Movie

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Bayonetta-3-1024x576.png
Image: Platinum Games

There seems to be no shortage of Hollywood projects despite the pandemic. One such project is a potential Bayonetta movie, and one of its most popular fans could be up for the lead role. Daniel Ritchman (via Giant Freakin Robot) is reporting that Lady Gaga could land the role. She’s a big fan of the games and has even done a music video inspired by them with Ariana Grande. Considering her growing acting resume and unique style, the rumor is believable.

When you beat Chapter IV of Bayonetta and then realize Chapter V is going to kick your *** ☠️😂 secret #gamergirl THE SHADOW REMAINS TOUGH!!!!!!— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga)...

Continue reading...

..well .. just hold on now .. she DOES have the dancing chops to just maybe pull this off .. I mean .. Michael Keaton should have never been a good Batman .. but yet .. here we are.

OH GAWD PLEASE NO
Gawd damnit Hollywood, just ****ing stop already.
For what it's worth I'd be far more concerned about who they choose to direct it and what budget they give more than her being cast(which to me seems a little unlikely but possible). Just imagine if Paul Anderson or Michael Bay get a hold of this. Otherwise, though, I agree Hollywood seems to have gone bonkers with the videogame adaptations in possible development.

To be fair, she is a decent actor, but I can't see her in the role at all. Unless they give her 1' stilts and she can still dance-fight in high heels with them 🤣.

To be fair, she is a decent actor, but I can't see her in the role at all. Unless they give her 1' stilts and she can still dance-fight in high heels with them 🤣.
Agreed. I think if this had happened earlier in her career she probably could've pulled it off but let's face it, she's a little older now and it just wouldn't look natural. However, they could, and probably will do worse.

Agreed. I think if this had happened earlier in her career she probably could've pulled it off but let's face it, she's a little older now and it just wouldn't look natural. However, they could, and probably will do worse.
CGI has come a long way, too. Bayonetta is a very fantastical character that I think could not be done justice by any real actor without help, to be honest.

CGI has come a long way, too. Bayonetta is a very fantastical character that I think could not be done justice by any real actor without help, to be honest.
Too true. Could be as simple as a voiceover and some mocap.

To bad LG is pretty short, I bet she can do cartwheels in heels.

A young Jane Fonda or Emmanuelle Beart would be my choice for the role.

I wonder how many nerds will be clamoring for Lady Gaga when Hollywood announces Brie Larson for the role of Bayonetta.
I'd totally be on top of Emmanuelle Beart from 25 years ago.

With the proper camera angles, anyone can look taller. Look at Tom Hardy, guy is like 5'8" but looked massive in The Dark Knight Rises due to camera angles and whatnot.
My wife is on the shorter side of things and believes that most of Hollywood are all over six feet. I've been telling her for a while now that it's mostly camera tricks along with where they often have people stand. The majority are around that 5'8" or much less. One trick I taught her is to gauge when they're next to a car or normal door. If they barely clear a door handle or roof of a vehicle you know something's up.

My wife is on the shorter side of things and believes that most of Hollywood are all over six feet. I've been telling her for a while now that it's mostly camera tricks along with where they often have people stand. The majority are around that 5'8" or much less. One trick I taught her is to gauge when they're next to a car or normal door. If they barely clear a door handle or roof of a vehicle you know something's up.
Some of the tallest actors in Hollywood include Chris Hemsworth (6'3"), Jason Momoa (6'4"), and Dwayne Johnson (6'5").

I'm taller than all three of them at 6'7", but they all look like giants next to the big name stars because of what you say.

Nothing springs to mind all right. either for Bayonetta, or for Gaga, so I'm fine :) I have no horse in this race.

Become a Patron!
Back