Lead Writer for CD PROJEKT RED, Jakub Szamałek, Gets Interviewed for Five-Year Anniversary of The Witcher 3

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The-Witcher-3-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

In some ways, it is hard to believe that it has been five years since the release of the iconic Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. When CD PROJEKT RED first announced in 2013 that it was working on a third installment to the series, it immediately gained attention from fans and gaming sites. The previous two games had already gained a reputation. At the time, one of the most popular franchises, The Elder Scrolls, still very much dominated the RPG space. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings challenged Elder Scrolls with cutting-edge graphics and a new style of storytelling. To this day, it can still tax even the most powerful gaming rig in 4K with maximum settings. Wild Hunt would continue on this path of expanding the world, and history, of Geralt and his many companions.

Kirk McKeand...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I'm actually in the middle of replaying the game... again... I'll check out the interview later tonight!
I just finished first play through of the first game. Got the enhanced edition cheap on Steam a couple years back. Close to a thousand hours between the 2nd and 3rd but had never played it before. It was a lot of fun and neat to see how the franchise started and also noticed how things have changed or stayed the same. Now in retrospect The Wild Hunt almost feels like a remake or follow up to the 1st game in many respects. Wasn't planning on it but I think I'm going to continue with the 2nd and then 3rd next again. I also noticed that somewhere along the way a graphical glitch got fixed for the 2nd and now I can play it in 4K and my 2080 ti's boost clocks engage like they should. Last time I played something weird was going on and they didn't and the config window wouldn't go beyond 1440p. Game looks pretty impressive in 4K.

Become a Patron!
Back