Leaked 3D Models of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Show New PCIe Power Connector Location, USB Type-C Port

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-angled-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card might have a differently placed PCIe power connector, as well as a USB Type-C connector. This is according to leaked 3D models shared by VideoCardz, which show a power connector at one end of the card (instead of mid-center like the rest of the GeForce RTX 30 Series) and a USB Type-C connector above the HDMI 2.1 port . The 3D models reportedly originated from Shanghai-based manufacturer of high-speed cables ADT-Link...

Continue reading...

Still using that strange power connector it looks like. And can someone tell me why I would care about usb-c on the back of my video card? I know usb-c can be used for video output on laptops, but why put one here when it has 4 normal ports (hdmi, DP)?

For VR headset / oculus perhaps?

Still using that strange power connector it looks like. And can someone tell me why I would care about usb-c on the back of my video card? I know usb-c can be used for video output on laptops, but why put one here when it has 4 normal ports (hdmi, DP)?

USB 3.x Type C is physically the same connection as Thunderbolt 3. And yes, it can also be used for VR headsets.

yes, that's why some reviewers were surprised the left it out of the current gen until now it seems, or maybe it's just an old obsolete render.

I thought nvidia dropped the usb-c port for lack of support.

3D renders are the closest thing any of us will get to actually seeing one.

Probably, I can order a 3070 or 3090 atm if I wanted to or an 670xt, 6800xt or 6900xt but I'm not going to pay 2x msrp for it.

I see 3060 ti listed (in a shop not 3rd party reseller or ebay) for more then I payed for my 3080 in november

Become a Patron!
Back