LG 32-Inch UltraFine Display OLED Pro Monitor Releasing in June for $4,000

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-ultrafine-display-oled-pro-corner-1024x576.jpg
Image: LG

The 32-inch version of LG’s heavily anticipated series of UltraFine Display OLED Pro monitors will be available beginning next month. This is according to an updated product listing for the 32EP950-B at B&H Photo, which now includes an availability date of June 16, 2021. Unfortunately, LG’s 32-inch UltraFine Display OLED Pro carries a price tag of $3,996.99, making it more expensive than LG’s 77-inch C1 ($3,799.99) and GX ($3,499.99) OLED TVs.

UltraFine 32EP950OLED31.5-inch4K UHD (3840 x 2160)DCI-P3 99 percent60Hz1ms1M:1 C/RPixel Dimming HDRVESADisplayHDRTM...

Continue reading...

Pass. I could never go back to a display that small, much less one with a price tag like that. I'll wait until the technology trickles down to the rest of us. I might pay half that for a 40"+ display, but $4,000 for 32"? Nope.

Gotta compete with the $3k miniLED

It makes the TVs look better and better

This is for color and video types... at 60Hz, they can keep it for anything else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
My friend got a 55" 120Hz OLED HDTV (LG CX) for $1400 (and now it is currently $1350 on Amazon), so LG must be outta their f*cking minds here. On Amazon, for 2 grand I could get a 65" CX. A 77" costs $3250 on Amazon, so LG must be on some powerful-@ss drugs to charge 4 grand for a 32" monitor. And it's only 60Hz!!!!!!!! LG, I think you missed April Fools by about a month.

LG must be on some powerful-@ss drugs to charge 4 grand for a 32" monitor
Those are TVs, and this is a monitor.

Biggest point: they expect to sell many more TVs than they do of these, so they're pricing them for volume. Bit of a lose-lose for anyone that doesn't need this monitor's strengths, which are obviously not tuned for gaming suitability.

Granted, toss a hardware G-Sync module in there that also accepts Freesync, and up the panel to 120Hz, for which I assume the limitation is the chipset (which the G-Sync module would fix), and yeah, there'd be gamers paying US$4k for it immediately.

Not me, but we know they're out there!

So glad I went with my 48" CX instead of waiting on them to build a smaller version OLED. I had a feeling these new monitors would be overpriced.

So glad I went with my 48" CX instead of waiting on them to build a smaller version OLED. I had a feeling these new monitors would be overpriced.
That was my plan this summer too, but I just had to blow my money on a laptop since my current one the battery is starting to swell...

Become a Patron!
Back