LG Introduces 2024 OLED TV Lineup with up to 4K 144 Hz Refresh Rates and New Alpha 11 AI Processor, Enabling 70% Higher Graphic Performance and 30%...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the company’s 2024 OLED TV lineup, taking home entertainment experience to a new level. Powered by the company’s latest AI processor with 4-fold higher AI performance, these new additions to the OLED lineup deliver unparalleled viewing experiences with even more vibrant, lifelike picture quality.

See full article...

I would love a giant new OLED. But at what cost..........

If you wait until labor day or black friday - like 40% off.

Or don't mind buying last year's model, they usually go on sale for the Superbowl.

But if you want this year's model now - I predict about the same price as last year's MSRP.

So at this point I'm guessing I should give up hope of ever seeing HDTVs with hardware specs like these, but minus all the "smart" sh1t like the apps and OS-based menus and AI nonsense? You know, back in the late 2000s, I figured that by 2024 HDTVs would have standardized on 6-8 HDMI ports.

I've been occasionally looking at the 77C3 to upgrade from my 55B7 (which is as implied, six years old now), and it seems the price hovers around US$2500. Would probably get it from Best Buy and pay them to deliver and wall mount.

So at this point I'm guessing I should give up hope of ever seeing HDTVs with hardware specs like these, but minus all the "smart" sh1t like the apps and OS-based menus and AI nonsense? You know, back in the late 2000s, I figured that by 2024 HDTVs would have standardized on 6-8 HDMI ports.
You and everyone else that bought one to use as a monitor!

Sadly, TV-based monitors aren't really available in the consumer space, though they do exist in the commercial space. I have no idea if they would maintain the specs that enthusiasts would care about though.

And worse still, Samsung is putting their smart TV based crap on some of their monitors... so now you have Samsung's legendary quality control combined with their legendary software and UIs...

The smart crap that Hoovers all your data is the only reason they are as cheap as they are

Would probably get it from Best Buy and pay them to deliver and wall mount.
I just read an article where, apparently Best Buy won’t honor returns for TVs if you have a defective or damaged unit - even if it’s from the box. They make you go through manufacturer’s warranty claim.

So beware buying a TV from Best Buy

I just read an article where, apparently Best Buy won’t honor returns for TVs if you have a defective or damaged unit - even if it’s from the box. They make you go through manufacturer’s warranty claim.

So beware buying a TV from Best Buy
Honestly after a few experiences with Best Buy... beware buying ANYTHING from them. It's clear they are no longer the company they used to be and are pinching every penny hard enough to make them bleed. To the detriment of their customers... who they see as only a means to extract maximum profit.

Amazon, Newegg, Microcenter, Home Depot, Lowes, and Nebraska Furniture Mart have all put nails in the coffin of what is Best Buy. I'm fairly sure in a few years more and more stores will close... they will need to reinvent themselves or just go the way of Blockbuster.

Become a Patron!
Back