LG Launching 27-Inch 4K OLED Monitor This Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-ultrafine-display-oled-pro-32ep950-pr-image-1024x576.jpg
Image: LG

LG is launching a 27-inch 4K OLED monitor in 2021. The news comes from HDTVTest’s Vincent Teoh, who discovered a certification on South Korea’s National Radio Research Agency website alluding to a new, smaller-sized OLED display with the model number 27EP950. As Teoh points out, LG’s 27-inch 4K OLED monitor will leverage a panel manufactured by JOLED that offers all of the usual benefits of the technology, such as an incredible contrast ratio and the deepest possible black levels.

“The LG 27EP950 is a new 4K OLED monitor whose RGB OLED panel is supplied by JOLED,” Teoh wrote. “Key features include a UHD resolution of 3840×2160, 99% DCI-P3 & Adobe RGB coverage, DisplayHDR 400 with True Black, as well as a 60Hz refresh rate.”

“The EP950 is also available in a larger 32-inch version...

Continue reading...

It's a total facepalm every time I read HDR400 for anything. It's bad enough the HDR is so inconsistent on the PC but 400 is useless. You really need 1000 to make it work. For content creation this might cut it though but I have doubts. Seems to me you'd want to be able to see more, not less, for content creation.

It's a total facepalm every time I read HDR400 for anything. It's bad enough the HDR is so inconsistent on the PC but 400 is useless. You really need 1000 to make it work. For content creation this might cut it though but I have doubts. Seems to me you'd want to be able to see more, not less, for content creation.
Most HDR monitors made for gaming wont cut it for creatives.

Most HDR monitors made for gaming wont cut it for creatives.
True but they're marketing this one for creatives instead of gaming which makes it even more odd that they didn't go with a panel with higher brightness. Everything else pretty much checks off but that for creative purposes.

" These 2021 OLED monitors are targeted towards creative industry professionals, "

HDR400 is basically the same as not having HDR. Besides that, I can't get excited about 27" monitors in the first place.

Become a Patron!
Back