LG Partners with Unity to Develop Meta-Home and Digital Humans

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LG has announced that it is teaming with Unity, the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content, to develop meta-home and digital humans.

Go to post

Oh my god the stupidity never ends.

"The metaverse" just needs to die a fiery death.

Anyone who spends real money on virtual things (like clothes for a cartoon character of themselves) just can't be taken seriously.

I'm serious. I am a hiring manager. If I google you as part of the hiring process and find this ****, I'm probably going with another candidate. Any other candidate. There probably won't even be an interview. I dson't waste my time with people concerned with fluff and nonsense, and if they exhibit poor judgment in their personal lives, that probably means they'd make poor judgments in their professional lives as well.

Great job, LG. Bob just injured himself while trying to have sex with a toaster. Again.

Yup. All this meta crap really is nothing new at all, been around for a long long time.

Fair, it's nothing new.

But we haven't had some of the biggest companies on the planet doubling down on it and claiming it is the future before.

Second Life existed, but it was something widely seen as for fringe freaks. Now these organizations are trying to force it into becoming mainstream so that they can profit off of it, and from what I can tell most people don't even want it.

The likes of Facebook (now "Meta") are trying to create some sense of FOMO in order to make people feel like they have to use this crap. I just don't see most people being actually into it, and I don't see any benefit from getting more people to use it either.

It's just plain stupidity, and I sincerely hope it crashes and burns.

Become a Patron!
Back