LG to Showcase World’s First 48-Inch Bendable OLED Gaming Monitor at CES 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-bendable-cinematic-sound-oled-preview-1024x576.jpg
Image: LG

If you’re having trouble deciding between a curved and flat panel for your next monitor, look no further, as LG has announced that it’ll be showing off a cutting-edge display that can serve both niches at the upcoming all-virtual CES 2021 conference in January.

The “Bendable Cinematic Sound OLED (CSO),” as the Korean giant’s marketing department calls it, is a 48-inch monitor that can shift between a flat screen and a curved screen with a radius of 1,000 mm. This engineering breakthrough makes it an ideal display for not only watching movies and television shows, but playing immersive games as well.

LG didn’t share many of the Bendable Cinematic Sound OLED’s specifications in its press release...

Continue reading...

Cool technology. I like the custom nature of it.

Two thoughts.

1.) I wish it were 5" smaller. I really want an LG Oled for my desktop, but I want them to hit 4k at 100DPI or first. Then I will consider buying.

2.) I hope there is some sort of automated adjustment to help get a good uniform angle and curve. As anyone who as tried to alignt two side monitors next to a center screen goes, it is surprisingly difficult to get everything angled symmetrically.

Last edited:
Cool technology. I like the custom nature of it.

Two thoughts.

1.) I wish it were 5" smaller. I really want an LG Oled for my desktop, but I want them to hit 4k at 100DPI or first. Then I will consider buying.

2.) I hope there is some sort of automated adjustment to help get a good uniform angle and curve. As anyone who as tried to alignt two side monitors next to a center screen goes, it is surprisingly difficult to get everything angled symmetrically.
What it sounds like is that the frame will only allow fixed adjustment, so you wouldn't need to worry about getting a smooth radius. If you have more than one you would therefore just need to measure the distance between each corner and replicate it on the others.

Become a Patron!
Back