Lian Li EDGE PSU 80+ Platinum Series Features an L-shaped Design for Direct Cable Access and a USB Hub for Multiple Controllers

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The Lian Li EDGE PSU series aims to make it even easier to build in a dual chamber chassis with its L-shaped form factor. Models are available in 850W, 1000W, and 1300W, with an efficiency rating of 80 PLUS PLATINUM / Cybenetics PLATINUM / PPLP PLATINUM. The Lian Li EDGE PSU series provides all the connectors one would expect to find on a current ATX 3.1 power supply but goes a step further in adding a USB expansion hub that can support multiple controllers.

See full article...

Hmm.

The connectors are going to need to bend 90' coming up out of that ledge. And since they have some overlap you can't just use 90' elbow connectors either. And since they will need to stick up some to have a more gradual bend, that gets in the way of the USB hub.

I like the concept, but not sure the execution is a better idea or not.

The pic is from the video, and it's a render, so not sure real cables would lay that nice and neat in most situations. I mean, you can already see, the upper right hand connector - if there were a connector underneath that on the left, it would be ... messier. And they only show one set of overlapping cables on the bottom-most set of connectors and nothing in the USB hub - somehow that turns out looking perfect in the render, but I think if they had them just coming straight out the back (like a traditional PSU, or the USB hub connections) - it would have turned out just as well if not better.

1720372728743.png

Like I said in the other thread, J2C built a pc with this PSU and it was fine in a midtower case but cables might be a bit short for full towers.

Then again the PSU is made mostly for dual chamber cases like the O11 ormaybe the ones with all connectors on the back. It worked better then he expected. Iirc they also had a nice assortement of cables especially SATA ones for different situations.

I'd be tempted but it will be a while before I need to consider a new power supply.

Become a Patron!
Back