Logitech Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Iconic G502 Gaming Mouse with New Promos and Prizes

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the G502, a series of gaming mice that Logitech launched a decade ago but has proven to be a major success with gamers and other enthusiasts worldwide, with 21 million sold since its debut.

See full article...

I never really cared for the 502. The old G5 was way better, I always thought.

still one of the worst mice I ever owned.
I use their G703 and it's by far the best all around mouse I have ever used. The G502 I tried a little while ago felt very cheap and I returned it.

I use their G703 and it's by far the best all around mouse I have ever used. The G502 I tried a little while ago felt very cheap and I returned it.
I'm happy with my glorious model 0, mousewheel does not go bad after 3-4 months like my corsair mice used to.

still one of the worst mice I ever owned.

Agreed.

Or well. Maybe not the worst (The Steel Series Rival that moved the mouse pointer on its own gets that title) but the G502 was a huge downgrade across the board compared to the G500 I had before it.

When my G500 died, I didn't know what to replace it with, so I got a G502, and really did not like it, but I couldn't find anything else so that was what I used until Logitech re-released the MX518, and I bought 5.

Now I'll have a mouse I like for a while.

I mean, I have to mod it to add weight, as it is WAY too light, but that is easy. Crack case, insert 3 oz of pine car derby tungsten putty, screw it back together again.

185g is the perfect weight for a mouse.

I had the original G502 and currently own and use a G502 Hero and one 502 Lightspeed. My first one just got worn out. After working two jobs, including motherboard reviews and gaming as a hobby, the **** thing got a lot of abuse. It developed a double-click issue with mouse button one. I think the scroll wheel also wouldn't register being pressed anymore. Though that was a minor issue for me.

The other two are several years old and are still working perfectly. The G502 is one of the best mice I've ever owned. I was a big fan of the MX500 series, but I prefer the ergonomics and styling of the G502.

...the G502 was a huge downgrade across the board compared to the G500 I had before it.

When my G500 died, I didn't know what to replace it with, so I got a G502, and really did not like it, but I couldn't find anything else so that was what I used until Logitech re-released the MX518, and I bought 5.

Now I'll have a mouse I like for a while.

Years ago G500S died and Logitech replaced it under warranty with a G502 Proteus Spectrum. While I liked having mechanical mouse button switches, the rest of the mouse was @ss. It crapped out on me before long (just a few years), and Logitech was like tough cookies. I grabbed a G502 Hero for super-cheap, and while the Hero sensor is awesome, the mouse is still part of the G502 family, so I'm not the biggest fan of it. My brother had a G500 and when it finally gave up the ghost, Logitech gave him a discount towards a G502 Hero, so he's stuck with that for now too. My Logitech G5 v2 still works, and I use it with my laptop and client/family PCs when I work on them. It's also my away-from-home mouse.

I was a big fan of the MX510 and missed the MX518 the first time it came around. Now that you can grab a new one with the Hero sensor, I should just do that. You were smart, grabbing 5 of them, so that you have replacements. I should have done the same with RatPadz. I got another friend who has started realizing the value of buying multiples of hardware you like, since you never know when you'll be able to get replacements. I do that with console controllers too. Wish I had the funds to do it with a lot more things.

Become a Patron!
Back