Logitech Unveils Its Most Portable Keyboard Ever

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Logitech has unveiled the Keys-To-Go 2, a new wireless keyboard designed for tablets, mobile devices, and laptops that the company says is its most portable ever, tailored for mobile computing and featuring multi-OS compatibility and Easy-Switch functionality, allowing users to switch seamlessly across multiple devices.

See full article...

Looks nice, could be useful for switching between laptop/desktop instead of using 2 keyboards.

Er.... except, do they have a model with 10-key? No 10-key is a deal breaker for me.

Useful for guys with small hands. Or gals. Or helicopters. Whatever.

Hard to type with big hands.

The only thing I dislike about it is the power option. Only powered via coin cell batteries. No USB power? No rechargeables?

I'm looking to build a Raspberry Pi "doomsday" device powered by rechargeable batteries and solar in a small weather proof enclosure such as a Pelican case. Been looking around at different options for the different parts I will need and so far I haven't found a good keyboard I want to use. This one fits the size category very well, but I'm not sure how easy it'll be to obtain coin cell batteries when SHTF.

Maybe someone, somewhere, makes some sort of USB adapter for a coin cell battery slot? Seems it might add more complications than I want.

Nah, this is the most portable keyboard ever:

iu

Unfortunately it is discontinued, all you can get is cheap Chinese knockoffs.

It is miles better than a touchpad, especially when used in a moving vehicle.

iu

Wow, never seen that one before. I've got a few micro BT keyboards laying around from days when I was tinkering with the notion of using them with HTPCs.

iu

I had one of those back when I had a HTPC. Big fan of the trackball, the keyboard not so much and it desperately needed backlighting since I was always using it in the dark. It just up and died on me one day, and then learned they didn't sell them anymore. Just went with a Logitech K400 which was.... fine.... just bigger. That one worked pretty well until I tipped over a full glass of red wine directly into the thing. I don't do HTPC anymore so no real need any more.

I had one of those back when I had a HTPC. Big fan of the trackball, the keyboard not so much and it desperately needed backlighting since I was always using it in the dark. It just up and died on me one day, and then learned they didn't sell them anymore. Just went with a Logitech K400 which was.... fine.... just bigger. That one worked pretty well until I tipped over a full glass of red wine directly into the thing. I don't do HTPC anymore so no real need any more.
Apparently there was a backlit version also.

UKEYB015400_2.jpg

I have a k400, and I despise it. It is unusable held in hand and the trackpad is so bad, I need to scratch it for minutes to get the pointer to the other side of the screen. And half the time it registers trying to move the cursor as clicks.

I have a k400, and I despise it. It is unusable held in hand and the trackpad is so bad, I need to scratch it for minutes to get the pointer to the other side of the screen. And half the time it registers trying to move the cursor as clicks.
I had at least one version in that line... they've never upgraded the trackpad, and that's the one thing that would make a keyboard like that useful, IMO. I'd probably buy one in a heartbeat to replace the full-size MX Keys I'm using for the HTPC (only wireless keyboard I have right now).

As it stands... aside from some 25-year old Toughbooks I used once, the K400 is in the running for the worst touchpad ever.

Apparently there was a backlit version also.

UKEYB015400_2.jpg

wow. mine sure wasn't

I am in agreement the trackpad on the k400 is lousy. It is also not wine proof :)

ok sure.... but... cord stretched across living room to HTPC would lead to more random wine accidents
One of my first htpc builds used a ~30ft USB cable that wrapped along the walls and under the couch to a keyboard and mouse that was mostly used just for troubleshooting issues.

I later upgraded that to a wireless Logitech keyboard with trackpad, but now I just use a Nvidia shield with Plex.

Last edited:
One of my first htpc builds used a ~30ft USB cable that wrapped along the walls and under the couch to a keyboard and mouse
I did something like this too in the early HTPC days, around 2k, except I used a super long ps/2 extension under the couch, around the walls under the carpet. I had tried some inexpensive wireless setups but most of them were still IR back then and they kinda sucked. My first wireless logitech keyboard/mouse (man that thing was gigantic) with the huge wireless receiver was a game changer.

Now that I think about it (looks over shoulder) I'm still using the mouse and that fat receiver for my "server". The keyboard died decades ago.

I did something like this too in the early HTPC days, around 2k, except I used a super long ps/2 extension under the couch, around the walls under the carpet. I had tried some inexpensive wireless setups but most of them were still IR back then and they kinda sucked. My first wireless logitech keyboard/mouse (man that thing was gigantic) with the huge wireless receiver was a game changer.

Now that I think about it (looks over shoulder) I'm still using the mouse and that fat receiver for my "server". The keyboard died decades ago.

Ha, my setup used an IR remote control. I believe I ended that HTPC setup with XBMC, but before that I think I was using some kind of Windows software to show the shows and what not. Eventually ended up getting a cablecard for the setup as well so I was able to watch and record shows from cable TV. Man things were such a mess back in those days.

Ha, my setup used an IR remote control. I believe I ended that HTPC setup with XBMC, but before that I think I was using some kind of Windows software to show the shows and what not. Eventually ended up getting a cablecard for the setup as well so I was able to watch and record shows from cable TV. Man things were such a mess back in those days.
IR yep. I think I still have an IRman in my closet junk box I used for remote control. I mostly used Windows Media Center for playback stuff, but Winamp was always available for quick and dirty music playback. I was really looking into the cablecard or HD homerun options but they were pricey and funds were tight back then. And since we're talking about the same era, how much hair did you pull out getting Powerstrip to work properly? I swear I could have that thing dialed in perfectly for my big honker Mitsubishi rear proj HDTV and would look great... then the next day I'd fire it up and it would be all different. By the time DVD burners became affordable and media got to be a buck each or less, I just gave up on it all and started burning DVDs. The wife could figure that out and it just worked. So many times I'd be at work and she'd call me crying that she couldn't get "the stupid computer to play my movie". The downside of all that is I have a huge box full of burned movies which are essentially trash now.

I know this thread took a weird turn but hey. Kids these days with their flat panels and HDMI that just plugs in and works..... People have no idea how much effort was involved in making the HTPC work right. And that's just media... forget about games back then. :) Good times but I wouldn't do it again.

I’m not sure I’ve ever had a keyboard fail. I still have a 1990(ish) IBM AT mechanical keyboard that works with a PS/2 adapter, but adding a PS/2 to USB to the chain doesn’t work. I used that Keyboard until I got a Logitech G710+ with MX Blues.

I haven’t used anything wireless, and the travel Razer keyboard I have is really too bulky to be called travel, so maybe I’ll have to check out this one.

Become a Patron!
Back