Mark Hamill Has Had “Enough” of Luke Skywalker

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Has Mark Hamill finally cast his lightsaber aside? In a new interview with CBS News, Hamill, who turns 72 this year but will forever remain known for playing Luke Skywalker in Star Wars despite a lengthy resume, implied that he won't be returning to the role again, noting that he has had "enough" of the character, who audiences last saw in Disney's sequel trilogy and the season two finale of The Mandalorian with Pedro Pascal. While Hamill was smart enough not to rule things out entirely (read: Disney bucks), the actor presented the idea that Star Wars doesn't need Luke anymore.

See full article...

Correction: Star Wars needs a lot more than Luke Skywalker to save it from going down the tubes and recapture its past glory.

Everybody hated on the prequels but while they were inferior movies they did not damage the actual SW brand, unlike the sequels and the 101 spinoffs. I think the only Disney star Wars production that didn't leave the brand in a worse position than it was before was Rogue One. Except maybe for Andor, which I reserve judgement on as I haven't seen it and I've heard conflicting opinions about it.

Correction: Star Wars needs a lot more than Luke Skywalker to save it from going down the tubes and recapture its past glory.

Everybody hated on the prequels but while they were inferior movies they did not damage the actual SW brand, unlike the sequels and the 101 spinoffs. I think the only Disney star Wars production that didn't leave the brand in a worse position than it was before was Rogue One. Except maybe for Andor, which I reserve judgement on as I haven't seen it and I've heard conflicting opinions about it.
You need to watch Rogue one. It Avoids the cardinal sin that SO MANY 'spy' or 'mystery' or 'heist' movies do today... and it DOES NOT SPELL THINGS OUT.

Quite honestly... I'm so FLIPPING TIRED of Americanized movies designed to make the average person feel smart. "Humperdido I figgured it out." No **** sherlock... so did my miniature schnauzer while high on crack and meth. THE HAD BIG RED ARROWS SAYING THIS IS IT!"

Sorry... rant kind of over. 1. Andor is entertaining. 2. Andor is NOT to be consumed without thought.

if you want popcorn star wars watch literally anything else. You'll be fine. "MEESA GOING HOME."

Become a Patron!
Back