Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered Features Excellent Ultra-Wide Support, including 48:9 for Triple-Monitor Setups

My bro has a Steam Deck, and I got to borrow one from a friend for 11 days or so a while ago. I did a lot of testing on it. Very intriguing device, but not for me. Not yet anyways. Steam Deck 2 possibly...
Yeah, it's funny the extremes you can go with playing this game on different setups. I personally find anything under 15.6" too small (and even then it's not preferable) so the Steam Deck is out of the question for me but I really do respect what they've accomplished with it. Meanwhile, while I was using that 4930K rig last weekend I tried the CRG9 again and it was definitely too wide for the game. I think it's great they gave support but I find it weird to see the main character look like a pen in the middle of a huge screen with so much landscape around. This is also a game where having that height image area is nice for the other animations (birds, planes, helicopters, clouds, sky, etc.) as it helps with natural scale and immersion. The UW support on this makes me feel like I'm wearing a helmet or looking through a visor. I know you could always tweak the FOV slider but this is the first 32:9 game I've played where setting it to full actually backfires. I have other 32:9 supported games and that isn't usually an issue but it definitely felt like one here. When I tested it on the MAG 31 21:9 display that was a sweet spot. I'd have to find it but there's also a review out there where someone tested it on something like 40 GPUs. I kind of wish Insomniac would do a Thor or Iron Man game but I'm sure that won't happen. I'm really looking forward to finishing it this weekend.

Some games that I've loved in 32:9 are GOW, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3, Metro Exodus, ROTTR+SOTTR, RE7+RE2+RE3+Village (after the recent updates), to name a few. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Yes, I posted I'm not interested in it before release. I don't understand where you see the contradiction.
Well you said "I didn't even realize it was out already" but you commented on an article talking about the number of players during the game's launch on PC.

Well you said "I didn't even realize it was out already" but you commented on an article talking about the number of players during the game's launch on PC.
My brain is great at throwing out useless information. I probably forgot about it 10 seconds later.

Finished the main campaign on Monday and just nibbling away at what's left of the side stuff (91% done). I really liked the story. I couldn't count how many different takes on this character I've seen over the decades but I think this team has an incredible handle on merging them into a modern story. Sony ought to let them handle their movies. I'm looking forward to playing the 3-part DLC story next.

p.s. I'm not going to post a story on it but someone is saying that Sony is planning on showing something from the next game soon.

Finished the main campaign on Monday and just nibbling away at what's left of the side stuff (91% done). I really liked the story. I couldn't count how many different takes on this character I've seen over the decades but I think this team has an incredible handle on merging them into a modern story. Sony ought to let them handle their movies. I'm looking forward to playing the 3-part DLC story next.

p.s. I'm not going to post a story on it but someone is saying that Sony is planning on showing something from the next game soon.
I know I said I wasn't gonna get around to this game for a good long time, but I guess I lied. I finished the main game and the DLC a couple weeks back or so. Took me about 28 hours to get through the main game, and about another 16 hours to do the DLCs. F*cking fantastic game. Held my attention throughout. The game just felt really good to play. I enjoyed most aspects of the game, even the side sh1t. Good combat, traversal, movement, controls, and environment. NYC worked well as a gameplay space for this game. I think NYC is an ugly-@ss city, but you wouldn't know it playing this game, it looked awesome here. The game was challenging but not impossible, they had the difficulty balance down pretty good (they upped the difficulty for the DLC but it was fine there too, for the most part). Characters were pretty well done, and I liked the story. Good audio and visual design. Graphics are nothing special but very well done. Audio got the job done, it was serviceable. Load times are ridiculously fast. Performance was top-notch. At 1440p with a 1080 Ti I maxed out the graphics (obviously couldn't use the ray-tracing stuff) and it was almost always well above 60fps (rare drops below, no big deal), sometimes close to 100fps. The game was really using the f*ck outta my poor old Haswell-E CPU. I didn't have an issue with the menu and HUD design. Honestly I didn't have much to complain about with the game at all, aside from that b1tch ScrewBall and her f*cking challenges (mainly the gadget ones). Insomniac busted out another great f*cking game. Just an incredibly fun experience.

I'm definitely on board to play both the Miles Morales spin-off and the actual sequel now. Honestly I had no idea the game was this good. I really was not expecting it to be so dang enjoyable. I thought it would just be aiight. Now it's another one of my top 8th-gen games, and yet another example of how Sony really killed it with the exclusives last gen. This is the kind of quality experience I expect from Insomniac. I'm sooooo d4mn happy I got to play it on PC. Those nearly 30 hours for the main game felt like maybe 10-15 hours. I still wanted more, and the DLC provided (though I found them to be buggier, less polished, and not have quite as good of a flow to them. Good thing they are included). I was very satisfied with the game. It was hard to put down. I definitely like it more than other Sony exclusives like HZD. I don't really give a sh1t about Spider-Man on the whole (and I'm not a comic guy), but this game is undoubtedly the best Spider-Man anything out of all Spider-Man media, and just plain and simple a good-@ss video game, Spider-Man or not. The PC port was pretty well done too. Maaaaad props to the friend who hooked me up with this game for my berfday.

Miles Morales is basically standalone DLC but they want $50 for it. Gonna have to grab that one on a deep sale. The 2nd game looks like it's gonna be Peter and Miles against Venom, or some sh1t. Wonder when that one is coming out.

Oh yeah, here are my completion percentages when I finished the last DLC:
20221006204210_1_cropped.jpg

Yeah, the final Screwball mission drove me nuts. I had to break it into two different sessions before I could beat it and I hated it, and her character is as annoying as can be but that's the point. I thought the story for the DLC was awesome as I'm fairly familiar with all the characters involved. I totally agree with @DrezKill on everything you said. My 5800X3D got a workout as well. The game is insanely CPU intensive and I really did see some bottlenecking happening with my 4300K @4.3 GHz. It has my other EVGA 3090 Ti which I know can do over 90 FPS at 4K w/ everything maxed (it did when it was with the 5800X3D) and on the 4930K it had a hard time holding 60 FPS. This is a game that really appreciates 8 cores or more, not to say you can't still enjoy it with less. I know there are other factors such as mem speed, drive types, etc. but seeing a 30 FPS drop is a major drop going between the two rigs.

Become a Patron!
Back