Marvel Studios’ Black Widow Sets New Pandemic Record, Earning over $215 Million at the Box Office and Disney+

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
black-widow-characters-poster-1024x576.jpg
Image: Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios released Black Widow, its 24th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and the first since the pandemic began) to U.S. audiences this past Friday. It appears that Marvel fans and moviegoers have been eager to revisit the MCU on the silver screen, as Disney announced today that Black Widow managed to make $158 million ($80 million in domestic box office, $78 million in international box office) at theaters across the world this weekend. Black Widow also did well on Disney’s streaming service, earning $60 million via Disney+ Premier Access. As noted in Disney’s press release, Black Widow represents the largest domestic box office opening since the COVID-19 pandemic began.

“It’s incredible to see audiences enjoying Black Widow after two years without a new Marvel Studios film, and this spectacular opening weekend shows just how...

Continue reading...

It might show how hard up people are for something new as well. It's all a matter of perspective, now Stephen Dorff says, this movie ain't so good and smoke electric cigs....

I expect world of mouth will generate a sharp falloff in interest.

Bingo. I think these numbers are inflated due to the lack of anything worthy of a "movie theater" experience.

I almost pulled the trigger on Disney+ for it but then I read the Oct. 6 release date and decided I can wait. If I really enjoy it, I have doubts, I'll order the 4K disc and call it a day.

Become a Patron!
Back