Marvel Studios Releases First Official Trailer for "Black Widow"

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Despite her unfortunate fate in Avengers: Endgame, Natasha Romanov will be back on the big screen this summer. Marvel has uploaded an official teaser for Black Widow's solo outing, which will explore the previous history of the ex-Russian spy, former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, and Avengers member. The film will hit theaters on May 1, 2020.

Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow in Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller Black Widow — the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour as Alexei aka The Red Guardian and Rachel Weisz as Melina.

Looks good, feeling a similar vibe to Winter Soldier (which was one of my fave Captain America installments.) Not that interested in Black Widow, tbh, but Captain Russia seems like a good time.

Not sure if I'll see it in theatre, or I'll Disney Plus it like Niner, though.

Got nothing against her or the character but this really looks more like a good T.V. show than a theatrical release. It'll be interesting to see if it can break the 50-75 million mark. If it'd been made and released closer to Phase 1 or 2 then interest would probably be greater but at this point the bar has been raised so high for comic movies it may not draw many out to go see it not to mention I'm sure some burnout is beginning to happen plus streaming services are producing some quality programming.

This movie should turn out interesting in a way. My only problem with it is we already know what happened to her character. That makes a back in time movie such as this less interesting to me since it doesn't move anything forward. It would have been much better had this movie been released several years ago so the character was "current" when the movie released.

And geez. Marvel can be real *******s at times. They went and spoiled the next season of Stranger Things as we now know what happened to Hopper. ;)

It would have been much better had this movie been released several years ago so the character was "current" when the movie released.

Right after Iron Man 2 would've been perfect. A lot of people were pushing for it back then as well. Ironically, if I remember correctly, she made some comments along the lines of being doubtful in continuing the role. I don't remember exactly what she said but I know the tune changed once the first Avengers came out and broke all the $$$ records. Wasn't too long after that nearly every actor, that didn't already have one, wanted their own solo story.

Become a Patron!
Back