Mass Effect 5 Is Being Led by Original Trilogy Veterans

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Mass Effect 5, the next mainline installment of BioWare's sci-fi RPG franchise, is being led by the very same developers who were responsible for the original and beloved Mass Effect Trilogy, comprising Mass Effect (2007), Mass Effect 2 (2010), and Mass Effect 3 (2012), according to a freelance illustrator.

See full article...

That's at least encouraging. I just don't know that it can be done properly with all the typical political ideology being shoved into games. Hell, Andromeda definitely suffered from that and its tame compared to the identity politics and crap being shoved into games now.

We need a dev that just focused on a good game. Like lyrian. They are inclusive because they just made everything possible. Wanna bone a bear . Uhhh. Ok. Wanna be a rock dwarf in love with a zenophobic racist psychic warrior? Sure fine we don't care have fun.

Nobody bitches about inclusion when all characters can bone each other or not. Just don't put plot in that forces what players don't want and you're golden.

Not holding my breath, but we'll see what happens. I hated Andromeda.
Andromeda was developed by a different team than the one that worked on the Mass Effect Trilogy. That team worked on Anthem.

Who exactly are they talking about? Unless lead designers and writers are the veterans it doesn't really matter.
Not that that would be a guarantee of quality either. People change, Drew Karpyshin said not long ago that his interest in video games waned.

Become a Patron!
Back