Mass Effect Legendary Edition Is Selling Better than EA Had Anticipated

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mass-effect-legendary-edition-custom-art-garrus-thane-miranda-1024x576.jpg
Image: BioWare

BioWare released Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May, a compilation comprising remastered versions of the highly acclaimed and celebrated Mass Effect games.

Despite the fact that the original Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 have already been enjoyed by millions of fans around the world many times over, Mass Effect Legendary Edition has still managed to sell beyond many people’s expectations.

Those would include EA’s own CEO Andrew Wilson, who admitted during his company’s Q1 FY 2022 earnings call today that the game’s sales performance has gone “well above” the publishing giant’s expectations thus far.

While Wilson didn’t share any specific numbers in his prepared remarks, the acknowledgement bodes well for BioWare and its upcoming Mass Effect game, whose efforts may have been trivialized after the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you let game makers make games how they want, you as a publisher may profit more then by forcing them to make the games your marketing team wants them to.

There will always be a market for solid single player story driven games without tons of micro transactions.

This is excellent news. Hopefully this means they'll invest in quality remasters. I would love to see Dead Space or Bioshock with a quality makeover.

This is excellent news. Hopefully this means they'll invest in quality remasters. I would love to see Dead Space or Bioshock with a quality makeover.

Dead Space is already getting one.

That being said, it bodes well for the future as it may cause EA to more heavily invest in Mass Effect and Dragon Age sequels.

Bad news, means more re-hashes of re-hashes instead of new games. EA are the masters of selling you the same game multiple times.

I appreciate a good remake but not instead of new games, but complimenting them. And definitely not for €60. I might be the only mass effect fan who didn't buy the legendary edition, but I'll stand my ground.

Bad news, means more re-hashes of re-hashes instead of new games. EA are the masters of selling you the same game multiple times.

I appreciate a good remake but not instead of new games, but complimenting them. And definitely not for €60. I might be the only mass effect fan who didn't buy the legendary edition, but I'll stand my ground.
Same boat as you. I might cave once it hits the $15 level or so, or I get it free somehow... either pick up another XBGP sub at some point or it pops up on PS+ or something.

I think you mean Bethesda. How many different versions of skyrim are there? :)

Sounds like they were a good fit for Microsoft then. I can count almost as many versions of Minecraft and Windows licenses as well.

Bethesda gave me skyrim special edition for free because I owned the vanilla game with all expansions already. If EA had the same standards I'd already have the LE.

Bethesda gave me skyrim special edition for free because I owned the vanilla game with all expansions already. If EA had the same standards I'd already have the LE.
That is a **** good point. So considering all of the upgrades are purely... "visual" Does that mean the legendary edition is the software equivalent of a loot box?

Become a Patron!
Back