Matrix 5 in Development at Warner Bros., Drew Goddard Writing and Directing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Drew Goddard, the writer-director behind The Martian, The Cabin in the Woods, and World War Z, has been tapped to write a fifth Matrix film for Warner Bros., the company has announced.

See full article...

They need to dive into the well of Anime that the original Matrix was inspired by. Hell there's a whole series you could plumb the creative minds behind it for to get more good movie ideas.

But no.. lets as the guy that did some other good movies that are not matrix like... AT ALL. Sword art Online. Has more similarities to the Matrix than one would think.

I'm not going to say that this person can't do it. I'm just saying if you want matrix like you want to bring more Anime like sci-fi alternate reality settings to the forefront.

Matrix 4 was atrocious, so I can't believe that another movie was greenlit. But Hollywood doesn't care how bad a movie is. The Sonic live-action+CG movies are some of the worst movies known to humankind, but somehow that first movie got a sequel, and now there's another sequel coming, and a f*cking Knuckles spin-off show. Who the f*ck is approving production of all this crap?!

Warner Bros. aka David Zaslav is high off itself right now with the successes of Wonka, Dune 2, and Godzilla x King Kong. I imagine, as long as its not DC related, it probably doesn't take much to get a project greenlit there if its tied to a popular franchise.

Become a Patron!
Back