MeanAstronauts Announces Robin Hood: Builders of Sherwood, an RPG and City Builder

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
robin-hood-builders-of-sherwood-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: MeanAstronauts

MeanAstronauts has announced its latest project, Robin Hood: Builders of Sherwood, an RPG and city builder game. Players will be able to embark as the titular hero but also switch over to city building to develop the fledgling community.

The goal for city building is to create the largest community of outlaws in the area and form a coup against the sheriff of Nottingham. Players can recruit from local farms, villages, and even the guards of Nottingham castle. The game’s first task will be to create your camp in Sherwood forest. From there, protect and nurture your populace as you progress to the final goal.

RPG elements are in a third-person perspective. Robin Hood will interact with famous...

Continue reading...

No, no, NO!

The gaming industry has really gone monkey and taking what's in their hand from its backside and throwing it at the wall to see what sticks.

From prequels to sequels to mimics, gaming is dying from the lack of vision.

I'm almost at a point that I'm too old to care about this generation of games due to slow evolution, absurd price hikes across the board, forced wokeness, etc.

I don't know I see city builder and I think phone games as of late.
I was reading some threads in other places when I was researching this and many are saying this looks like some kind of mobile game. I'm hoping not but it is highly possible. The odd thing is how their trailer has RTX in the title which also leads me to believe some sort of ray tracing is involved which we've seen a number of indie developers(Deliver Us The Moon, The Medium) use to increase sales and/or lower costs if they get help from NVIDIA. However, those requirement specs are ridiculously low which also points to a mobile possibility.

I'd say this game has potential but it's a slippery slope as to which direction it can go.

Definitely getting a strong mobile vibe about the game.

Haven't heard of the developer, looked up their projects and didn't recognize anything there either.

Become a Patron!
Back