Michael Keaton Proves He’s Still Batman in First Trailer for The Flash

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first trailer for The Flash, a new superhero movie centered around the titular speedster that marks the DC character's first-ever standalone feature film. Ezra Miller reprises their role as Barry Allen, having played The Flash in previous features that include 2021's Zack Snyder's Justice League, but audiences can also expect to see the return of some other major characters, according to the trailer, which includes the first footage of Michael Keaton returning to the role of Batman after some decades. General Zod (Michael Shannon) and Faora (Antje Traue) from Man of Steel are also back, joined by a Supergirl played by Sasha Calle. The Flash will speed into theaters on June 16, 2023.

See full article...

Too bad The Flash has the flash in it, otherwise I'd consider paying to watch Keaton back in the saddle.

Whether I bother to see this movie will depend a lot on which version of this Flash they use. If they use the theatrical Justice League Flash I'll definitely skip it. If instead it's the Zack Snyder Cut Justice League Flash I'll be interested. The character was so different between the two versions of that movie. The bumbling idiot Flash from the theatrical version completely turned me off on wanting to see anymore of him. The awkward young guy who makes mistakes but is still a superhero Flash from the Snyder Cut was someone I was wanting to see more of.

It's such a pity DC screwed up the universe so much. It would have been much better and more successful if the universe had been like the Snyder Cut from the beginning. There's nothing wrong with serious superhero movies; they don't need to be filled with jokes from beginning to end.

Become a Patron!
Back