Micron Claims It's Created the World's Fastest SSD, Besting Intel's Optane

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Micron has introduced a new PCIe 3.0 x16 SSD that is being hailed as "the world's fastest storage device." The X100, which is based on 3D XPoint technology, offers up to 2.5 million IOPs and more than 9 GB/s bandwidth in read/write/mixed mode performance. It also features just 8 microseconds of latency, making it quicker than Intel's Optane SSDs (10 ms).

Unfortunately, Micron's X100 series is aimed at the data center for now, meaning we won't see an equivalent for the desktop market in the near term. However, with Micron now finally making headway on its own 3D XPoint-infused SSDs, we hope that will change in the future.

Just makes Intel's comparatively anemic PCIe channel loadout even more of an issue.

It would be kinda bad *** to have a card like this at X16 speeds with a fully supported GPU as well.

Hhmm very interesting... and pretty cool to see. Can't wait for people to gets hands-on and start seeing what it can really do.

Hhmm very interesting... and pretty cool to see. Can't wait for people to gets hands-on and start seeing what it can really do.

I can see it now... "I spent 5k on this storage card and my load times are nearly gone!! Worth every penny!"

Meanwhile in Ihavetocraponatreeazstan "These Americans need to die.. pass me more bullets to wipe with."

Become a Patron!
Back