Microsoft Climbs to 2nd Place in Popularity with New Chromium Based Edge Browser

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Microsoft-Edge--1024x576.png
Image Credit: Microsoft

The battle for web browser supremacy continues. Google’s Chrome, the long reigning world’s most popular browser, still does not need to worry about being in 2nd place. Other contenders, Mozilla’s Firefox, and Microsoft’s Edge, continue to trade blows. Something that they both share, however, is that each have undergone significant changes in the last year or two.

Microsoft’s Edge initially launched as a replacement for the aging, but not forgotten, Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer initially brought Microsoft into the modern age of the internet in August 1995. The final version, Internet Explorer 11, was released in 2013. Two years later Edge would replace it as the default browser for Windows 10...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to stop using Chrome and move to something a bit lighter but it's just easier to stick with Chrome at this point. I'd give Edge a try if I could import all my bookmarks and settings.

I'd like to stop using Chrome and move to something a bit lighter but it's just easier to stick with Chrome at this point. I'd give Edge a try if I could import all my bookmarks and settings.
Would straight Chromium not work for you?

I tend to stick with Firefox. Never really gave me any issues. I am trying the new Edge browser in my older machine just to try it out, and seeing as I really don't use it a lot. So far it seems good.

Become a Patron!
Back