Microsoft Confirms Backward Compatibility of Entire Xbox One Library on Xbox Series X

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
xbox-backward-compatibility-library-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft has capitalized on the lukewarm reception to Sony’s PS5 deep dive by confirming that unlike its competition, the Xbox Series X will launch with full backward compatibility.

Bring your favorite games with you to Xbox Series X! Simply connect your existing external USB hard drive to Xbox Series X and your entire library is instantly accessible. #PowerYourDreams pic.twitter.com/7ysBjnwulg— Xbox (@Xbox) March 17, 2020

When asked to clarify, the company said that meant the entire Xbox One library, as well all Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles that are already backward...

Continue reading...

This is awesome.

Not sure it's going to get me to jump from Sony to MS in the next console, as I have absolutely zero invested in the XB ecosystem right now, but I think it's a positive thing to have.

I ~did~ sign up for XBGP on the PC though for Outer Worlds. I haven't canceled it yet... but I'm straining to find reasons to keep paying $5/mon... there just isn't much on there right now that keeps me there.

Why do people even care about this. Why buy a new console to play old games. Just use the old console :)

Why do people even care about this. Why buy a new console to play old games. Just use the old console :)

That is the practical way of looking at it, for all the people who bemoan the lack of it.

Having it is a convenience, only needing one box under the TV. But you are 100% correct: not having it doesn’t mean all those old games instantly disintegrated.

Become a Patron!
Back