Microsoft Copilot for Security Launches in April, Helping Cybersecurity Workers Write Incident Reports, Track Hackers with AI, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft Copilot for Security, a new (and industry-first) generative AI solution that can help security and IT professionals with their job by producing summaries of suspicious incidents, tracking hackers, and more, will be available worldwide from April 1, 2024, Microsoft has announced.

See full article...

Yea... Sorry any security team using this outside of an ironic effort is not worth their salt.

YOU REALLY want to publish your vulnerability reports to the cloud? Be my guest. I'm sure the hacker groups will thank you.

Um yeah, is this cloud-based? Then no, no security person is ever in t heir right mind going to use this. It has to be restricted to local only, else no.

I recently pushed myself to finally switch to Linux (Nobara OS) because of the upcoming CoPilot update for Windows. I refuse to have that crap integrated into my OS. Why is this garbage getting pushed at breakneck speeds?!?!?

I have no problem running ChatGPT in my browser, where I can silo it and it stay there. Hell it's been very helpful to look up commands in Linux without having to go to a forum to get dunked on. AI definitely has its uses BUT IT'S WROOONG SO MUCH. Anyone that relies on this for Security is in for a rough time, but the way things are going the people that would have to implement and support it will probably be fired anyway.

Also this lol: Hackers can read private AI assistant chats even though they’re encrypted

Become a Patron!
Back