Microsoft Explains Why Windows 11 Users Can’t Move the Taskbar, No Plans to Add Feature at This Time

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Looking forward to a future Windows 11 update that will finally allow you to change the location of its beautiful taskbar? Don't hold your breath, as a recent AMA session on YouTube has suggested that Microsoft doesn't really give a **** about giving users the freedom of choice and being able to shift the menu away from the bottom of the screen.

Go to post

You know what when I have to deal with hundreds of systems at any given time... I don't care about moving my task bar. That would be an EPIC pain in the butt. If I only had to deal with a couple systems at any point in time fine I'd be wanting the same to be honest.

Arn't there addon programs that let you reposition the task bar or like a regedit you can make to do the same?

https://www.howtogeek.com/759882/ho...nce you've navigated to,“Settings” key within it.

Extrapolate other positions on your own.

They are claiming users are asking for other features. How are they asking? Is mirosoft reading their brains? Because windows certainly never asked me what features I want. I'd say give back the ones you took away.

New Start menu sucks. I don't know why we have a new taskbar, it does less than the old one and seems twice as buggy and half as responsive. New right click contextual menus suck. New Settings panels suck. Teams and Edge and OneDrive are everywhere, which sucks. There honestly hasn't been anything to like in Windows 11, apart from the fact that I didn't have to pay anything extra for it. The only semi-bright spot I can think of is that Cortana finally isn't pushed on you like a free hooker.

I guess change for the sake of change?

At least I'll get DirectStorage, so I can see that 0.2 second increase in my load times!!! Assuming any game I care to play actually comes out and supports it.

This is just ... how about hiring better UI engineers? I mean, it was never an issue in previous versions. Having your precious UI support 90-180-270 degrees rotation shouldn't be rocket surgery. I do backend though, I am not an UI expert.

They are claiming users are asking for other features. How are they asking? Is mirosoft reading their brains? Because windows certainly never asked me what features I want. I'd say give back the ones you took away.
I am pretty sure the Feedback Hub has this functionality built in (not the mind reading :ROFLMAO:). But I always uninstall it. I have seen a setting for how often MS can ask for your feedback at least.

Become a Patron!
Back