Microsoft Flight Simulator Launches to Sky-High Reviews

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
microsoft-flight-simulator-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Today marks the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 10, and Steam. Those of you who are thinking about delaying (or even canceling) your flight may want to think again, as the game’s initial reviews are positively glowing. In fact, it’s already the second best-rated PC game of the year at Metacritic. Here’s a sample of what critics are saying:

GamingTrend (100): There is nothing out there like Microsoft Flight Simulator. It delivers the entire world in unrivaled quality, combined with pinpoint precise controls and realism at a level that is unmatched. If you want a taste of the sky...

Continue reading...

Buddy of mine is all about this simulation. He's been working towards getting his pilots license. Today he got off work early just to go home and play it. lol

I couldn't get something like this, I'd never get off my computer. I remember when Google Earth came out. I spent 3 straight days zooming in and out all over the planet.

I've been very impressed with the previews I have seen of the graphics.

I haven't even thought ab out MS Flight simulator since I was a kid and played it in DOS. Ms. Flight Simulator 3? Maybe it was 4?

I remember tooling around in the Sopwith Camel, but I guess that plane has been in just about every version.

VR looks interesting. This is one of the first titles in which VR really interests me. It could put you right there in the cockpit, and unlike some other games, since you are sitting in place, there is no "moving around" problem.

I wonder what level of detail it goes to. Do you have to look upo charts, and punch in the correct frequency in order to communicate with the tower in controlled airspace?

Become a Patron!
Back