Microsoft Introduces AI-Powered Automatic Super Resolution Upscaling Feature in Latest Windows 11 Insider Update

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Upscaling technology is getting ready to leave the realm of graphics cards as Microsoft introduces its AI-powered solution. The latest Windows 11 build 26052 update, available only via its Insider Program in the Canary and Dev Channel, packs several new features but also one that Microsoft has quietly slipped in without any official announcement. Microsoft appears to be testing the waters in integrating its own upscaling technology that it is calling Automatic Super Resolution, or Auto SR for short.

See full article...

Is this a use case for those new fangled m.2 ai accelerators I have been reading about?

I think I even have 1 m.2 socket open.

I'm not a fan of system level anything that affects multiple apps. It could be a feature that is exposed to apps and then if the developer wants to support it then they put in the option. Just like FSR and DLSS.

I'm not a fan of system level anything that affects multiple apps. It could be a feature that is exposed to apps and then if the developer wants to support it then they put in the option. Just like FSR and DLSS.
I imagine it will be a lot like AutoHDR, which you can opt out of.

I wonder if this will use the ai accelerators for the meteor lake chips they started putting in laptops. (Yea I got one.)

Become a Patron!
Back