Microsoft Reports Xbox Game Pass Crossing New Milestone With Over 10 Million Subscribers

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Xbox-Game-Pass-Console-and-PC-1024x576.jpg
Image Credit: Microsoft

The battle for game streaming service supremacy rages on. Microsoft published its Earnings Release FY20 Q3 yesterday. This report shows overall good news for Microsoft. A quick glance of it reveals revenue and income growth across a number of sectors. The report was released during a webcast from CEO Satya Nadella who shared other good news regarding its Xbox Game Pass streaming service. Twitter user @DomsPlaying posted on these highlights.

Satya was cited as stating a number of new milestones for Xbox. The streaming service now has over 10 million subscribers. The service includes subscribers from both Xbox and PC users. Another shared achievement comes via Xbox Live. That service...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yar, really enjoying my Gamepass (though the Windows Beta app is still buggy). I've got it until September before I have to renew and feeling pretty positive I will.

I got game pass for Outer Worlds.
Beat that game, struggling to find a reason to keep it around. I think my sub is up this month - probably letting it go.

I really like the idea of XBGP for PC, and if it had parity with the console, which has a lot more interesting games available, I would probably keep it.

Yeah, agree with the parity - also really wish all games would support cross-save and cross-play (even if it was just the Witcher 3 lacking this ability that really affected me).

struggling to find a reason to keep it around. I think my sub is up this month - probably letting it go.
I did something similar with GeForce Now in order to test RTX with the service. I'll probably be cancelling as well. If I didn't have a 2080Ti to compare it with I'd think about keeping it but I wasn't overly impressed. If all I had was a very low budget build or laptop it could be an improvement though.

Another thing that bugs me about XBGP on PC — it installs crap via Windows Store.

which doesn’t sound bad, until you try to find a configuration file, or want to install a mod, or want to transfera game from a HDD to SSD. Half of the files are hidden or protected, naming conventions are horrible, etc.

Not a deal breaker per say, but compared to ... pretty much everything else, it’s annoying to need to deal with.

Become a Patron!
Back